Sunday, July 17, 2011

Gingham makes me happy! And a Award too!!

One of the challenges this week was for a "Joy fold" card. I happen to really like this technique. So I made this birthday card with a new Emerson, stamp I just got. I love these stamps. I am not an artist, not even close. So with these stamps you can do very little coloring, or a bit more, whatever you want and the images are cute either way. I didn't use my cricut at all, but I did use  an EK punch. I'll list the challenges at the end of my post as I usually do.  The paper was DCWV and Bazzill.


See isn't this a cute stamp?? I actually colored it more than I usually do. I like this punch too. It looks like lace to me.  The next picture will be the inside of the card.


The butterflies I cut from a piece of pattern paper that I had in my stash. I have no idea where it came from. 
I added the red mat to have a place to write a message. I hope you like it:)))

The put this card in the following challenges:

Frosted Designs: Quote That!
Paper Cutz Challenge #100: "The Skies the Limit" (butterflies inside)
Crazy 4 Challenges C4C 96: Joy Fold Card
Gimme A Break Stamp Challenge #24: Stamp or product you've never used or rarely use(new stamp)
Birthday Sundaes Challenge # 18: Anything Goes

More Than Favors-Wacky Wednesday #45: Cricutless Challenge


I was also given a Best Friend Blogger Award from a sweet crafty friend named LaKesha @ Scrappin Diva.


She is a very special young woman. Not only is she very talented, she has a beautiful spirit!! Please go over to her site and give her some love. Be sure to leave her a comment and tell her I sent you, follower her too, she would love that. I am going to consolidate this with the other award I received. You can go here to see that if you wish to. Thank you again my sweet LaKesha. You are a blessing to me. Hugs, Pam

31 comments:

  1. Hi Pam, glad to see you my friend. What an adorable card you've created. FABULOUS! ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, I love joy fold cards. And your's is as cute as any I have seen. I too love gingham. it can be used in so many ways and is just a very happy print.
    Oh, and thanks for the awards. I have them posted on my sidebar.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! lovely card Pam:) love how it opens and LOVE how you decorated the inside:) Thank you for reminding mw about the lovely awards:) Thank you and I will post them ASA I can:)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam Gimgham makes me happy too and you did such a great job on this card. Love the black and red color combo and the butterflies and lace on the inside are just beautiful.
    karen
    www.littlescrappieces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is wonderful, Pam! I like that fold technique - I definitely need to try that one.

    Kelly
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this butterfly card it looks fab. I too really like the gingham look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card not heard of the joy fold before. Cool. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love gingham too! You card is so clever and fun! Thanks for joining us this week at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pam this came out great! I have an award for you on my blog! :)
    Amy
    redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello my friend! Your card is so pretty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pam, this is so AWESOME! I absolutely love that fold! It is so creative and unique! And the gingham is so pretty! Gorgeous card - I LOVE it :D

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Pam, Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such wonderful messages. I love, love, love this card! I love the folds and I am a butterfly lover so they are just the perfect touch.
    I am your newest follower:-)
    Judy over at CraftyJAR.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Pam!! I love gingham too, but for some reason don't use it very often! :)
    ♥ Laura ♥
    tweetyb@satx.rr.com
    http://laurascraftsandmore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Pam!
    First off I want to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such Kind words!!! I am now a follower of your blog now and hope that we can become good blogging friends!! Love your work and the Joy fold card is very nice...have not seen this type of card before...Going to have to try it!!! TFS!!!

    http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
    Rexann♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great card. I haven't seen that fold before. I really like it. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the kind comments. I am now one of your followers and will be back to visit and see more of your projects. Take care,
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fun card, Pam. Thanks for becoming a follower, and your kind comments! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful card Pam! Great color choices and I like that fold! Congratulations on your BFB Award!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Pam, what a great card, I have never seen one of these! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I am also a new follower of your blog and I can't wait to see what you do next.
    Peace & Harmony,
    Raven
    http://feralscraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the fold you used! great card! Hugs! dina

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow, that is an awesome card!! I would love to make one of those! thanks for becoming a follower at http://ICrea8Cards.blogpsot.com
    I am a follower of yours!
    mrsroddy4@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pam, your card is beautiful! Love the gingham and the butterflies! Your new follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This card is awesome! I haven't tried this fold yet, but I love all of the papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a pretty card. I like the joy fold cards, they are uni1que and have so many possibilities. Thanks for joining the GAB challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome card. Love the punch and the butterflies. Thanks for joining us at GAB Challenges.
    Ashley(Nikki)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pam - did you see that you won Top 3 at the GAB Challenge #24 for this FABULOUS card??!! CONGRATULATIONS, my friend! SO deserved! This card is so amazing :D

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOWZERS, Pam!! Okay, on this one... Well, I'm just speechless. It is absolutely wonderful. I love gingham too!! :)

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Pam! Thank you for following me and leaving me a lovely comment :). I love the layers of this card, and the butterflies are so cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Aloha Pam,
    Congrats on winning at the GAB Challenges.It's so much fun making these Joy fold card and yours turn out GREAT!
    Hugs,
    Rez
    http://karezmakreations.blogspot.com/2011/05/alohas-sweet-blog-candy-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm here for the LUL party... This card is so adorable! I loved it when I saw it the first time, and I still do! :) Already a happy follower...
    Amy
    redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is a beautiful card Pam. I love joy folds too..though I have never tried it yet. I'm gonna try it soon. Love your work.
    happilyevacrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I truly appreciate your visit, and comments.

Hugs, Pam