Thursday, May 10, 2012

I GOT RAK' ed!!!

When I got up this morning it was a usual morning. I got breakfast, let my dog out, and did a few chores, very few because I can't do to much before I am in a lot of pain. Later the mail came and when I went to get it there was a box on the porch. My first thought was, did I order something and forgot I had. No! it was a box sent to me by my lovely friend Susan at Cricut and Grasshopper!  My thought was "what has she done"?

Well she sent me a beautiful box full of wonderful gifts. There was treats that are her favorites from Minnesota, and some great crafting supplies. And a special sucker for Kyce. She also made me a beautiful card. I was so touched by her kindness. The minute my husband got home I read him her letter, and showed him my gifts. He said something that is so true. That my craft friends are far more giving and caring than even most of the people we have ever met. He is right, I have some friends here on the web in this crafting community that have become such dear friends to me. These are women I have never formally met, but I have a connection with them that is beyond locations, age, or station in life. I love these women! They give my life happiness, joy, and the connection to others that I need, to feel like I am still contributing.

Susan is one of the most special of these friends. She is always there when I need her the most. I can be really low, and go to my blog, and there is a note from her. She always brings me joy, and a sense that there is someone that cares that I am here. You know what I mean, someone that doesn't have to care. My husband, children, and grandchildren care, but Susan cares too, and she doesn't have to. 

There are others besides Susan, Lisa, Amy, Pendra, Sherrie, Karen,Norma, Sonia, so many others! All of them my treasures. Each of them bring me blessings! I believe God has brought these relationships, to bring blessings to me, in these later days of my life. He is a good God! He is a good Father!

Thank you Susan for RAK'ing me!! I so appreciate your heart, and your friendship. As it should be you brought me through a rough week, again!  Oh yeah, Ray said to say thank you for the treats since I share with him. He also said he was really happy that I had you in my life.  ME TOO!!

Much love,  Pam

14 comments:

  1. Oh Pam what a heart warming post and am so glad I am among your dear friends!

    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Susan sure is a sweetie (not to mention funny- she really makes me chuckle at times!) Congratulations on your fun package- you are so deserving of it- you always say such kind things and have such encouragement for everyone!!! It is appreciated by all! Hope you are doing well, and that each day gets a little easier for you...:)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, you make me smile and you fill my heart with gratitude that I am better for knowing you! Give Kyce a big hug from Auntie Pennie and I wish you a very Happy Mothers Day my friend!
    Hugs,
    Pendra

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Blogger is being mean... sorry if there's a half-comment from me! GRR!) Pam, there is no one more deserving of such an unexpected surprise than YOU! :o) You make our hearts sparkle with your love. We are so grateful for you. You are a ray of sunshine in my life every single day. The last comment you left me brought tears. You are SO special, my sweet friend. Thank you for your friendship. My life is better with you in it. :o) Happy Mother's Day, my dear Pam! I am sending you extra hugs and prayers today!

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful gesture from such an amazing person!! And you deserve it, Pam!! You are one of the sweetest, kindest, most genuine people I've met and I am so thankful and happy to call you a dear friend!! I hope you have a wonderful, happy Mother's Day, and that you are feeling better and stronger each day!! You are in my daily prayers my sweet friend :)

    Hugs, Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how sweet of Susan! She is such a sweet gal and so thoughtful! Congrats on your fun package of goodies:) You deserve it Pam..you are super sweet and always so kind to everyone! You take care of yourself and know I am thinking of you and will continue to keep you in my prayers my friend! Have a great week:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! how sweet is Susan and kind. I can't wait to see what you create my friend. You are the sweetest and kindest and so well deserved of all the goodies and more.... I keep you in my prayers every night and please take care of yourself. I hope you had a fantastic Mother's Day!
    Hugs and kissess,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sweet Pam, I had to flutter in to thank you! I have been longing to use the Action Wobbles you included in the fabulous prize pack I won... it made my card perfect for a hurt little boy. I know he'll love watching it wobble. Thank you so much! I'm using another one this week. :o) I hope you're having a beautiful weekend, my dear friend! I am sending you so much love and so many prayers. :o) You truly shine as a light in this dark world.. God's beautiful light.

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Pam... What a beautiful post -- Your kindness always shows through!! It is no wonder that you have such wonderful friends online -- You always take the time to GIVE any sunshine you have collected!! :) I can't tell you what it means to me every time I open my email and see a sweet note from you -- Any good things you receive are certainly well-deserved!! ;)

    And to think I was stopping over to thank you for your repeated visits... And I'm again blessed by your words!! :)

    BIG HUGS,

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pam,
    Hey, the paper that I used on my card was in my stash but I think it came from Masterpiece Studio last yr. Thanks for visiting my blog-appreciate it:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woohoo! Susan is such a sweet heart. She sent me a small package the other week with some sugary yummies that were gone in a flash! LOL!

    And I'll soak up the sun for you next week! Last week of school with my 6th graders! Ahhhh, tomorrow is their graduation ceremony! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you are doing well Pam- and I hope you and your family had a great holiday weekend!! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by Pam...love to hear from you! I hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday weekend! Ours was soggy, stormy and wet all weekend but that;s okay..we are back to sunshine, yeah!!!
    Have a great week my friend and thanks for popping in:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That does the heart good! So wonderful to read!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I truly appreciate your visit, and comments.

Hugs, Pam